Accounting Specialist to one of the hottest growth companies in the Nordics
Founded in 2012, we are on a mission to change how container purchasing is made. Since our launch we have grown to become the world's leading information platform for ocean freight intelligence. From our headquarters in Oslo, one of the most livable cities in the world, we are helping to open up an originally opaque market. We have been touted as one of the hottest growth companies in the Nordics and one of the leading European companies transforming the shipping and global logistics supply chain industries. With offices in New York and Hamburg, we are a truly global company where no one day is ever the same.
For our headquarters in Norway, we’re are currently looking for an Accounting Specialist, who will be responsible for our books. In essence, your job will be to make sure our revenue, costs, accruals and capitalizations are recorded correctly, and our tax returns filed accurately and on time with tax authorities in Norway. This means that you will be the contact point for the finance organization in understanding our transactions, how they stack up and where they come from. As we’re currently in the process of moving our accounting work in-house, you will be working closely with our Finance Manager to make sure accounting function is successfully implemented and internalized.
What you’ll do:
- maintain our general ledger. Make sure that all transactions are recorded accurately, correctly and timely in general ledger, by type and function
- perform month-, quarter- and year-end closing
- perform reconciliations for A/R, A/P, credit cards and bank accounts
- deliver consolidated financial statements to Finance Manager
- assist Finance Manager in creating reports for management and departments
- audit financial transactions and document accounting control procedures
- keep up with financial policies, regulation and legislation
- make sure that tax returns are compiled accurately and filed on-time, whether VAT, reverse charge or CIT
- administer payroll and assure that payroll is processed timely and correctly for all our subsidiaries
- assist in bringing the accounting function in-house
An educated accountant with relevant degree and 3+ years of experience. You are passionate for accurate recording of transactions, while identifying areas for process improvement. You have documented track record of high-performance in your past positions and stellar references.
You’ll get bonus points for:
- strong digital profile, having experience with Visma Accounting and Reporting, Tripletex
- strong skills in Excel
- strong execution skills and track record of meeting tight deadlines consistently
- very strong attention to details
- ability to work under pressure, in an often chaotic and fast-paced environment
- good understanding of accounting for subscription-based products
- experience in working in the international environment
- experience with consolidation of books from international subsidiaries based in Germany and United States
- strong communication skills in English and Norwegian
What we offer:
- experience in similar hybrid positions in growth companies
- experience from one of the big accounting houses
- experience with accounting principles and processes in the context of SaaS company
- experience with subscription billing platform Zuora
- more than 3+ years of experience in similar role
- development opportunity as the company and Finance team grows
- unique experience working in a fast-growth environment
- international exposure
- a dynamic, motivated team and a great working environment.
- competitive benefits (vacation, pension, flexible working hours, lunch, equipment etc.)
- an opportunity to be a part of building a global company that is transforming an industry
Please send CV and application through our websystem. If you have any questions, please contact Mona Gabrielsen +47 917 46 917 /[email protected]
in FinancePeople. All applications will be treated confidential.
FinancePeople AS er et spesialisert rekrutterings- og konsulentselskap innenfor økonomi, regnskap og finans. Våre rådgivere er økonomer med relevant erfaring innenfor våre fokusområder. Gjennom våre prosesser vektlegger vi høy kvalitet og verdiskaping - både for våre kunder og kandidater. For mer informasjon, se vår hjemmeside www.financepeople.no.