Renewable Energy Company with Ambitious Growth Plans is Searching for an Operational Group Consolidation Manager
Scatec is a leading integrated independent renewable power producer, delivering affordable, rapidly deployable and sustainable clean energy worldwide. As a long- term player, Scatec develops, builds, owns, operates and maintains power plants across emerging markets. With an established global presence and a significant project pipeline, the company is targeting a capacity of 4.5 GW in operation and under construction by end of 2021. We are present in the Americas, Africa, Asia, Europe and the Middle East and are headquartered in Oslo, Norway. We are listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol ‘SCATC’.
Want to join a first mover in energy that is actively seeking early entry into new markets globally? Since the establishment in 2007, Scatec ASA has acquired extensive knowledge and experience in developing, building and operating power plants and we continue to deepen our market position and broaden our offerings. Driven by our company values and competent global workforce, we aim to deliver competitive and sustainable energy globally; protect our environment and improve quality of life through innovative integration of technology; and create shareholder value.
Main purpose of position
Currently we are looking for an experienced and operational Group Consolidation Manager in Oslo, Norway, to be part of our global team working together towards our vision – Improving our future. This is a challenging, hands-on, dynamic and wide-ranging role covering areas such as external and internal financial reporting, consolidation, process improvements, analysis of financial data, follow-up and support of subsidiary finance teams and support the group budget process. As Group Consolidation Manager you will be part of an energetic and international team and will cooperate closely with Scatec's global organization. The position is a key resource in the Finance team and will report to the Financial Controlling Manager.
- owner and overall responsibility of the Group’s monthly top consolidation processes
- overall responsibility for technical use of Scatec’s consolidation system (Cognos) and assessing how changes in Cognos will affect the consolidated figures
- overall responsibility for the Group’s chart of accounts
- responsibility for the Q&A and consolidation of a portfolio of subsidiaries. This includes supporting and ensuring progress on various business, accounting and reporting issues as they emerge in the subsidiaries
- contribute in developing monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports to Management, Board of Directors and the Oslo Stock Exchange
- maintain and develop reporting tools
- initiate and take lead on projects related to the development, structure and improvement of the Group’s financial reporting processes
- provide accounting support and related advice and assistance to subsidiaries
- contribute with ad-hoc analysis of financial data and decision-making support to Management
- participate in assessments of complex accounting matters
- maintain and develop Group policies and internal control
- expert knowledge and experience in accounting (IFRS) and consolidation techniques
- degree in accounting/auditing, preferably State Authorized Public Accountant (Norway) or similar qualifications
- 3-5 years of work experience in relevant areas, including management reporting, consolidation of accounts, financial control and preparation of financial statements (group and company level) in an international environment
- expertise in accounting related software, especially consolidation tools
- fluent in English, both written and orally
What an eligible candidate can expect:
- you enjoy challenging tasks, taking on new responsibilities and are a self-starter
- you are hands on, operational and enjoy handling a wide set of tasks in a dynamic environment
- entrepreneurial, self-motivated and able to independently drive projects
- you communicate well, build strong relationships and have commercial acumen
- you can meet deadlines and are self-driven
- flexible and adaptable with a “can-do” attitude
- ability to work well under pressure in a diverse cultural environment
- take part in investments in the fast-growing renewable energy sector
- contribute to sustainable development and economic growth in developing countries
- employment with a truly international company
- work for an investment company with a market cap of approximately USD 5 billion
- a lean and dynamic working environment
It is part of every employees’ terms of reference to contribute to Scatec's vision: Improving our Future and adhere to our company values which are:
- Driving results
- Working together
If this seems interesting, please apply via www.financepeople.no
. For questions please contact Mona Gabrielsen, on mobile +47 917 46 917 or email email@example.com
. According to GDPR, you are requested to apply through the system and not directly to the contact person listed in this ad.
All inquiries will be treated confidentially.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.