Senior Project Controller
Magseis Fairfield ASA is a Norwegian geophysical company specializing in Ocean Bottom Seismic (OBS) Services. We were founded in 2009 and came into operation in 2013. Our proprietary Marine Autonomous Seismic System (MASS) and our range of Fairfield Z-Nodes provides our clients with high quality seismic data through cost-efficient acquisition, fulfilling their geophysical needs. Behind the MASS and Z-Node technology are our people. The many talents on our team contribute to Magseis Fairfield making a difference. We are headquartered in Norway and have additional offices in USA, UK, Sweden, Singapore and Brazil. Magseis Fairfeld ASA is listed at the Oslo Stock Exchange.
Magseis Fairfield is seeking an experienced and motivated Senior Project Controller to join our team in Oslo. The main function and responsibility of this role will be to function as the primary connection between operations and the finance department, working closely with Project Managers to ensure accurate and timely reporting of the financial performance of projects and make sure that financial information is presented correctly. The Senior Project Controller reports to Group Financial Director.
- prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reporting on projects, departments and operations, including cash-flow reporting
- responsible for invoicing, payments and follow up with clients
- ensure correct booking for projects, departments and vessels
- supervise and coordinate the day-to-day activities of the controlling team
- responsible for rigging project financials for new operations and vessels
- day to day communication with Project Managers to be up to date on project performance, both operational and financial
- participate in the preparation of project and department budgets and project budget reviews
- project related financial reporting and analysis
- assist in continuously improving efficiency and contribute to development of the financial reporting in Magseis Fairfield
Desired background and qualifications:
- higher academic education or University degree in Accounting, Business or other Finance related subjects
- minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, preferable with international offshore or seismic operations
- solid knowledge and experience with accounting
- knowledge of global organizations and the impact on financial management (including tax planning)
- advanced Excel user
- fluent English, both written and verbally
Desired personal skills:
- operational understanding and a proactive mindset in implementing relevant cost savings initiatives that are found relevant for the company
- analytical and problem-solving skills
- structured and attention to details
- positive and team-oriented mindset
- strong communication skills
Magseis Fairfield offers an exciting opportunity in a rapidly growing company. We offer the opportunity to further develop your professional competencies in an energetic and ambitious global organization. Magseis is an equal opportunity employer.
For further information regarding the position, please contact Nora Lundstrøm, Advisor in FinancePeople, at +47 482 71 203 or email: [email protected].
All inquiries will be treated confidentially, and all applications will be processed on a continuous basis. Please provide your application and resume in English.