Group Financial Controller for a newly established role in Scatec Solar ASA
Scatec Solar is an integrated independent solar power producer, delivering affordable, rapidly deployable and sustainable source of clean energy worldwide. Our vision and mission are our motivation to develop, succeed and create value for our customers, employees, partners and shareholders – We are committed to “Improving our future , driven by our core values: Predictable, Driving results, Changemakers and Working together”.
With an established global presence, the company is growing strongly with a project backlog and pipeline of close to 4 GW under development in the Americas, Africa, Asia and the Middle East. Scatec Solar is headquartered in Oslo, Norway and listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol 'SSO'.
Scatec Solar is in a phase of solid growth and is looking to strengthen the company with a newly established role as Group Financial Controller. This is a challenging, hands-on, dynamic and wide-ranging role covering areas such as external and internal financial reporting, consolidation, process improvements, analysis of financial data, follow-up and support of subsidiary finance teams and support the group budget process. As Group Financial Controller you will be part of an energetic and international team and will cooperate closely with Scatec Solar’s global organization. The position is a key resource in the Finance team and will report to Senior Financial Reporting Manager.
- manage and follow up financial reporting from own portfolio of international subsidiaries
- participate in the consolidation process
- contribute in developing monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports to management, board of Directors and the Oslo Stock Exchange
- provide accounting support and related advice and assistance to subsidiaries
- contribute with ad-hoc analysis of financial data and decision-making support to management
- take part in the group's budget and forecast process
- support process improvement projects
- higher education within finance or accounting
- 3-5 years relevant work experience, preferably from an international environment
- experience from Big Four audit companies is preferred
- IFRS knowledge and/or interest
- fluent in English, written and orally
- you have experience from and are motivated to work in a diverse cultural environment
- you enjoy challenging tasks, taking on new responsibilities and are a self-starter
- you are hands on, operational and enjoy handling a wide set of tasks in a dynamic environment
- entrepreneurial self-motivated and able to independently drive projects
- you communicate well, build strong relationships and have commercial acumen
- you can meet deadlines and are self-driven
- flexible and adaptable with a "can-do" attitude
- ability to work well under pressure
For the right candidate we can offer a very challenging position in high growth company in the exciting renewable industry. This will be a great opportunity to gain hands on operational experience from financial accounting in a challenging and fast-pace international environment. You will be a key player in the group finance function of Scatec Solar and will work very closely with most part of our international organization. In addition to daily operation you will take part in various projects.
The work environment is characterized by professionals with a strong business focus but it’s also informal. Your colleagues have strong drive, are dedicated and positive. Competitive compensation and benefits. It is part of every staff member's terms of reference to contribute to Scatec Solar's vision: Improving our Future and adhere to our core values which are;
- Driving results,
- Change-maker and
- Working together
For further information regarding the position and how to apply, please contact Mona Gabrielsen, Partner in FinancePeople, direct line +47 917 46 917/ email: [email protected]
All inquiries will be treated confidentially, and all applications will be processed on a continuous basis.
FinancePeople AS er et spesialisert rekrutterings- og konsulentselskap innenfor økonomi, regnskap og finans. Våre rådgivere er økonomer med relevant erfaring innenfor våre fokusområder. Gjennom våre prosesser vektlegger vi høy kvalitet og verdiskaping - både for våre kunder og kandidater. For mer informasjon, se vår hjemmeside www.financepeople.no.