Group Internal Control and Audit Manager
Wallenius Wilhelmsen is a market leader in RoRo shipping and vehicle logistics, transporting cars, trucks, rolling equipment and breakbulk around the world.
Wallenius Wilhelmsen operates around 125 vessels servicing 15 trade routes to six continents, together with a global inland distribution network, 121 processing centres and 11 marine terminals. The company has a strong sustainability focus and is an industry leader in developing innovative solutions to reduce its operational impacts. The Wallenius Wilhelmsen group (OEX: WALWIL) has over 8000 employees in 29 countries and is headquartered in Oslo, Norway. The group consists of Wallenius Wilhelmsen Ocean, Wallenius Wilhelmsen Solutions, EUKOR and ARC. Total income was USD 2.9 billion for the full year of 2020.
The world will keep surprising us, and Wallenius Wilhelmsen will take an active role in defining the future of logistics, imagining new, more sustainable solutions for the changing world of mobility and transport on land and sea.
We are seeking a Group Internal Control and Audit Manager to our Global Accounting and Financial Control team in Oslo to strengthen the internal control environment of the Group. Conducting internal audits, report and track remedial actions is an important aspect of this role, as well as further developing the internal control and audit framework and test the internal control effectiveness of the group. Located in Lysaker we offer a fantastic workplace with colleagues from around the world. You will be a part of a great team and you will have the opportunity to contribute in automating and further developing of the department. The position reports to the SVP Global Accounting and Financial Control who in turn reports to the Group CFO.
- Further develop and maintain internal control framework and methodology
- Develop internal audit framework and methodology
- Maintain internal audit and internal control directives and process descriptions
- Monitor and test compliance with internal control framework, including development of testing methodologies to evaluate the adequacy of controls
- Perform risk assessments and set up annual risk-based internal audit program
- Plan and conduct internal audits/reviews
- Prepare internal audit reports and present recommendations to management and the audit committee
- Collaborate with Compliance Officer to increase quality and efficiency of internal audit processes
- Ensuring good understanding of group accounting policies and processes
- Ad-hoc group accounting and controlling tasks/projects
- Higher degree in accounting, finance or audit, preferably master’s degree.
- 6-10 years relevant experience from audit and/or internal control related work in an international business environment
- Experience with internal control concepts and knowledge of audit principles
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Good understanding of IFRS
- General IT proficiency
- Analytical and structured with excellent project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and cultural awareness
- High integrity and self-driven with ability to work both on own initiative and efficiently as part of team
You can expect hard work, a lot of fun and to be challenged every day. In return we promise you will be part of an exciting journey. Your initiative and desire to contribute in developing the company globally are expected and appreciated. We strongly believe that our team of people want to do their best. All in the spirit of being the leading company in their industry, and always striving to take an active role in defining the future of logistics, more sustainable solutions for the changing world of mobility and transport on land and sea. The Wallenius Wilhelmsen Group is an equal opportunity employer that strongly believes in diversity and a value driven culture. The successful candidate will enjoy working in a global company with colleagues and stakeholders from different cultures and countries and where English is the working language.
If this seems interesting, please apply via www.financepeople.no
. For questions, please contact Svenn-Erik Warholm on 917 37 email@example.com
. According to GDPR, you are requested to apply through the system and not directly to the contact person listed in this ad. All inquiries will be treated confidentially. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.