Portfolio Management at Aker BP
Aker BP is an exploration and production company on the Norwegian Continental Shelf. We are one of the largest independent oil companies in Europe, and we have significant ambitions. The company targets further opportunities for growth and value creation through both exploration and merger and acquisition activities.
The Strategy & Portfolio Management Team at Aker BP are looking for a new employee as a result of internal changes in roles between current employees. The role will work across assets to optimize Aker BP’s project portfolio, to ensure we maximize the value of its assets. You will collaborate closely with assets and projects, the Finance Business Unit and the Asset Development Managers to shape Aker BP’s portfolio strategy and capital allocation. The position reports to VP Strategy & Portfolio Management
Areas of responsibilities
- Develop quarterly business plan recommendations to the Executive Management Team
- Own the Portfolio Valuation Model and further improve the modelling tools
- Participate in various strategy projects
- Stay up to date on the development of capital projects and present conclusions to the Strategy and Business Development Team, Finance Team and to the Executive Management Team
- Together with other Portfolio Analysts own the analysis of both the exploration portfolio and the asset portfolio
- Master’s degree in Finance, Industrial Economics, Maths or similar
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience, from an equal role, management consulting, investment banking or other analytical positions
- Solid understanding of financial modelling, preferably Oil & Gas Finance
- Advanced Excel-modelling skills, skills within programming is an advantage
- Strong communication and presentation skills
We are looking for a candidate that has a desire to understand and shape Aker BP’s strategy. You are self-going and have the drive to deliver. Your colleagues will describe you as structured, proactive, and able to work effectively as part of a team. Accuracy in what you deliver is important to you and you always deliver on time. You are motivated by understanding the projects in our portfolio from discussions with technical experts, and you challenge yourself by continuously improving your skill set.
For the right candidate we can offer a challenging position in a dynamic and professional environment. You will have the opportunity to work closely with the Management Team and improve both your personal and professional skill set. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Our modern office is located at Fornebu just outside of central Oslo.
If this seems interesting, please apply via www.financepeople.no. For questions please contact John Ola Solheim, Senior Advisor at FinancePeople, at 909 91 137 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
According to GDPR, you are requested to apply through the system and not directly to the contact person listed in this ad.
All inquiries will be treated confidentially, and all applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.