Analyst to cover the renewable energy market
Aker Horizons is a planet-positive investment company dedicated to investing in, incubating, and developing companies within renewable energy and decarbonization technologies that make material contributions to reducing emissions or promote sustainable living. Aker Horizons leverages the significant industrial and financial capabilities of the Aker group to identify and develop the portfolio companies. With rapidly increasing activity levels within the renewable and decarbonizing markets globally, we have ambitious plans for expanding our team and are looking for talent to join us on this journey.
We are looking to strengthen our team with an ambitious Analyst to cover the renewable energy markets. The Analyst will be responsible for building and maintaining financial models, market analysis, and closely monitor the Capital Markets within the renewable sector. You will also support project teams in matters regarding negotiations and due diligence. The position will be seated at Aker Horizons corporate headquarters at Fornebu outside Oslo and reports to the CFO.
- cover the markets within the renewable energy sector
- monitor and analyze the capital markets around existing and potential investment cases
- close dialogue with the investment and management team in assessing investment opportunities
- perform market research of new markets and business opportunities
- supervising, following up and reviewing business development
- running and update of financial models
- conducting financial engineering and identifying risks and opportunities to improve business cases
- conducting due diligence activities
- ad hoc projects and analysis
Desired personal skills
- university degree in business/finance/economics with excellent records
- 2-4 years of working experience in relevant area (investment banking, research within equity, credit and macro, management consulting, transaction or finance department of international corporation)
- strong financial modeling skills
- analytical and with excellent numerical ability
- keen interest in and experience from the energy sector
- working experience in a multi-national/global environment
- fluent written and spoken in English
- analytical and commercial mindset
- ability to work both independently and as a productive member of relevant teams
- drive and passion for Capital Markets and value creation
- highly motivated, pro-active, assertive and driven, yet humble
- strong communication and interpersonal skills
For the right candidate we can offer a challenging position in a dynamic and professional environment. This will be a great opportunity to gain experience in the fast-growing renewable energy sector.
If this seems interesting, please apply via www.financepeople.no. For questions please contact John Ola Solheim, Senior Advisor at FinancePeople, at 909 91 137 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or André Herlofsen, Partner at FinancePeople, at 934 80 266 or email email@example.com.
According to GDPR, you are requested to apply through the system and not directly to the contact person listed in this ad.
All inquiries will be treated confidentially, and all applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.