Business Data Analyst
Fredensborg is a real estate company with housing and holiday homes as product, Europe as the market and private individuals in focus. The company's business areas are housing rental in Europe through Heimstaden, housing development in Norway through Fredensborg Bolig, development of destinations in Norway through Fredensborg Fritid and rental through Utleiemegleren.
Fredensborg is an active, industrial, value-based owner with a long-term investment perspective. Expansive, committed, strong and solid are key characteristics. This enables the opportunity to choose long-term good solutions for individuals and society.
We invite you to join a collaborative and entrepreneurial Oslo-based Finance department focused on growing our pan-European portfolio of real estate investments as we build toward our goal of one million homes. Currently, Fredensborg/Heimstaden energy is focused around our Scandinavian and European portfolios and, as a result, we operate as a cross-regional group. From your desk in Oslo, you will have plenty of collaboration opportunities with colleagues in Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands, Germany, and Czech Republic, among others. We offer a fast-moving high-achieving culture and invite you to join our growing team.
As a Business Data Analyst you will be immediately assisting the team with the implementation of high priority departmental projects from the perspective of a business intelligence competency. You will work alongside senior members of our departmental team and will maintain key responsibilities to ensure your many project deliverables are timely and in-line with departmental and organizational goals.
- sourcing, cleaning, and management (ETL operations) of our risk, financial, and non-financial data
- integration with Digital team projects that include data architecture, management, and reporting projects
- creation, enhancement, and ownership of risk management-related BI tools and management reporting dashboards
- management and preparation of financial data and the creation of management dashboards using BI tools
- maintaining existing financial models, management reports/dashboards, and ensuring data integrity
- supporting internal training and competency on data-related capacity
- use data to answer key questions about the business and deliver takeaways from data with statistical significance
- fix coding errors, investigate data anomalies and other data-related problems
- manage and complete time-sensitive monthly data tracking and reporting projects
- supporting departmental goals that includes policy, practice, and operational improvements
- bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Statistics, Finance, or Data Science from an accredited institution required. Master’s degree in finance/related studies a plus
- one to three years of relevant work experience
- experience with business intelligence tools including Power BI, DAX, Power Query, PowerPivot, or similar
- familiarity and comfort with financial reporting and management of financial data
- fluency in written and spoken English required
- strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- fast learner mentality with a willingness to learn new tools and concepts, including (potentially) a programming language to support ongoing projects
- accurate under time pressure and exceptional attention to and care for detail in all work
- deep knowledge of Microsoft Office particularly advanced Excel and PowerPoint experience. Deep understanding of VBA and the ability to write modules independently a significant plus
If this seems interesting, please apply via www.financepeople.no
. For questions please contact Lars Vaksvik (+47 41545733) or André Herlofsen (+47 93480266).According to GDPR, you are requested to apply through the system and not directly to the contact person listed in this ad.
All inquiries will be treated confidentially.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.