Regional Senior Financial Controller
Lowell Nordic Region includes operations in Norway, Sweden, Finland and Denmark and is a part of Lowell Group, seated in Leeds, England. Lowell is the second largest credit management company in Europe. The company was established in UK in 2004, but the group has more than hundred years of experience in the industry. We offer expertise in credit management to larger as well as smaller businesses. Our services include invoicing, third party collection services, debt purchasing and credit management services.
Total revenue 2019 for combined Lowell group was EUR 746m and as of 31 December Lowell group had approximately 4 200 employees. For Lowell Norway total revenue 2019 was NOK 305m. We are 130 employees in the office at Bryn in Oslo, whereof 10 FTEs are working with regional tasks. The size of the company makes it easy to be familiar with our operations and flexibility to adjust to new ideas and opportunities. For more information, read: www.lowell.com
To our Finance Team for the Nordic region, we are now seeking a professionally strong Regional Senior Financial Controller. In this position you will be responsible for reporting, consolidation and further development of internal routines and processes at the regional level. We are looking for candidates that are particularly interested in issues related to IFRS, consolidation of financial statements, transactions and other financial processes. In addition, you will be an important contributor to the development of the Group's systems. You will have the professional responsibility for two financial controllers. The position reports to the Head of Accounting Nordic Region.
- review and ensure quality in the reporting from entities, consolidation and reporting of Nordic Region to Lowell Group Finance team
- contribute to the development of streamlined processes and routines within the field of accounting and reporting
- further develop regional finance policies and other academic framework within the Group
- contribute to issues related to IFRS, including documentation of IFRS assessments related to significant financial accounts
- contribute to development of the Nordic systems, including digitalisation, automation, and development of common platforms for the Group
- participate in quarterly and annual reporting and support Head of Accounting Nordic Region and be a back-up for the Head of Debt Purchasing Controlling Nordic Region
- assist in projects related to transactions and other financial processes
- ad hoc reporting, analyses and projects
- Master’s degree in Economics/Finance/Accounting or equivalent, preferably some subjects within Finance Theory
- 4-6 years of relevant experience, preferably from auditing and/or controlling
- experience with Group Accounting and IFRS
- strong Excel skills and generally good knowledge of IT systems. Lowell use HFM, Power BI and other analysis tools
- fluent in English, both written and orally
- interest in the field of Finance is an advantage
To be successful and thrive in this role you must be analytical, accurate, structured and professionally curious. You take responsibility and ownership, and you initiate development and further improvement. Lowell is an ever-changing international company and you must be comfortable in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. It is therefore important that you can handle multiple tasks at the same time. Furthermore, you are team oriented, value knowledge sharing, and you have good collaboration and communication skills.
- challenging and evolving tasks
- strong professional environment with motivated and competent colleagues
- very good development opportunities in an international group
- competitive conditions
If this seems interesting, please apply via www.financepeople.no. For questions please contact Henriette Kjærås Aaberg (+47 97615226 / Henriette.firstname.lastname@example.org
) or Nora Lundstrøm (+47 48271203 / email@example.com
According to GDPR, you are requested to apply through the system and not directly to the contact person listed in this ad.
All inquiries will be treated confidentially.
Due to summer holidays applications will be reviewed in August.