Bonheur ASA carries traditions from 1848 when the Fred. Olsen family first entered the shipping business, and has a long history of gradual industry expansions. Bonheur intends to continue this strategy. Fred. Olsen & Co., who performs the day-to-day management of Bonheur, is looking to recruit two Investment Managers to further strengthen Bonheur’s capabilities, in this regard.
Bonheur has investments within Renewable energy, Shipping / Offshore wind and Cruise. The subsidiary Fred. Olsen Renewables AS, owns and operates onshore wind farms with a total capacity of 679 MW, and has a portfolio of development projects both onshore and offshore. Fred. Olsen Ocean Ltd. through subsidiaries provides Transport & Installation services and Operation & Maintenance services for the offshore wind industry, and around Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines Ltd. a fleet of ocean and river cruise vessels are owned and operated. Bonheur also has engagements in the media industry through its 54% ownership in NHST Media Group AS, and holds various financial investments and properties. The financial position of Bonheur ASA is strong.
The aim is to build a team to more systematically look into opportunities to support and facilitate a gradual expansion of Bonheur’s business within existing or closely related industries. Bonheur will honour its reputation as a competent and long-term active owner, and only expand into areas where it is believed Bonheur will have an edge. As Investment Manager you will get an independent role, but utilizing and taking advantage of internal resources, network and competence in a purposeful and effective manner will be a critical part of the job. You will get significant exposure to management teams, industry experts and key decision makers.
Bonheur is pursuing a growth strategy in all its business areas, with particular focus on the renewables sector (incl. onshore- and offshore wind). Interest and knowledge within these areas will be seen as an advantage. As Investment Manager, you will have a key position and will report to the finance department in Fred. Olsen & Co.
• Scout for interesting business opportunities through internal and external sources
• Investigate, evaluate and execute potential investment cases
• Continue to develop and improve existing framework and investment processes
• Present recommendations to final decision makers
• Active ownership and follow-up of investments as representative for major shareholder
Qualifications and experience
• Relevant Master's degree, with strong academic results
• 4-5 years of work experience within management consulting, investment banking, private equity or similar
• Relevant work experience with strategy development and execution of complicated projects
• Analytic attitude and capability
• Positive energy and willingness to drive complex and large projects
• Curious and open-minded
• Ability to cooperate and build relations internally and externally
• Strong motivation to achieve results through teamwork
• Desire to make a contribution to a more sustainable world
• Ability to make tough priorities and decisions
If this seems interesting, please apply via www.financepeople.no. For questions please contact Lars Vaksvik (+47 41545733) or André Herlofsen (+47 93480266).
According to GDPR, you are requested to apply through the system and not directly to the contact person listed in this ad.
All inquiries will be treated confidentially.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.