Group Chief Accountant
Questback is domiciled in Norway with Headquarters in Oslo. The company is the recognized leader within software-based feedback solutions in the Norwegian market, but most of its employees and revenues are based in countries outside of Norway. Questback has subsidiaries and offices in Sweden (Stockholm), Finland (Helsinki), UK (London), Germany (Cologne and Berlin) and USA (New York and Houston). Questback is an international organization with English as working language.
The company’s cloud-based enterprise feedback products are used across 50 countries in over 40 languages. Around 4,500 corporations and organizations are using the products to drive customer and employee engagement by capturing feedback that delivers actionable insights, which is converted into increased loyalty, growth and profitability. Through Questback’s products its customers have generated more than 1 billion completed surveys and have more than 18 million members on its online community and panel offering.
As Group Chief Accountant your main responsibility is to ensure accurate and timely consolidation and Group Reporting in line with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). The role also entails understanding the underlying drivers of the figures and converting numbers to insight for external and internal stakeholders. The position reports to CFO.
In this role you will cooperate with the Group Management as well as 11 entities in 6 countries. As Group Chief Accountant, it is important to enjoy the everchanging environment and the international aspect that influences the everyday work situation. In 2018 Questback replaced 6 accounting systems with one unifying system, implementing “best practice” in its financial department. By doing so Questback began optimizing its financial reporting and accounting processes, the right candidate will get a significant role in developing this practice further.
- Consolidate and prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly financial statements in accordance with IFRS
- Coordinate the year-end reporting with local Finance Managers. Be the “go to person” for the Finance Manager in accounting, process, or system related questions
- Manage accounting and tax issues, including tax planning
- Ensure that appropriate internal controls and financial procedures are implemented and followed
- Drive group-wide initiatives with regards to optimising the use of a newly implemented ERP system, accounting process improvements, routine descriptions and documentations, reporting, etc.
- Be the main administrator and the vendor contact of the ERP system
- Be the main contact with the auditor
- Contribute in the budgeting process
- Prepare management reports to Group Management Team, Board and investors
- Support the Management Team with analysis and reports on an ad-hoc basis, including participation in transaction processes
Desired personal skills
- MBA or Master's degree in finance or accounting, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is preferred
- Strong academic results
- Minimum 5 years' experience from relevant positions within accounting, auditing or similar
- Strong fundamental understanding of accounting and accounting processes with good knowledge of IFRS
- Solid Excel skills and understanding of ERP systems
- Professional level in English and Norwegian, both written and verbally
- Drive to continually improve processes and seek new challenges
- Ability to work well under pressure, working accurately with attention to detail, and meeting deadlines
- Confident communication skills
- Highly numeric/strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Builds stable working relationship internally in general and especially towards the Finance Managers in the subsidiaries and help them succeed in their roles.
We offer an exciting opportunity in an international company. Questback provides a working environment which fosters innovation, celebrates talent, and offers all our employees the chance to make a real contribution every day. Competitive terms.
For further information regarding the position, please contact Henriette Aaberg, Partner in FinancePeople, at +47 976 15 226 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org